Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Puerto Rico: Condado Beach & La Placita

thumbnail_IMG_2714

Crazy that I haven’t mentioned it on the blog until just now but Sean and I reached a major milestone in our marriage and celebrated ten years of marriage last month! I can’t believe it has already been ten years. Sometimes it feels like we just got married but then when I think of all that we’ve accomplished together I know that it takes years to get to that point. I love our marriage, I love my husband, I love the life that we’ve built together. I love that we’re still having fun and loving the heck out of each other too. He makes life so much better and I am grateful that he is mine and that I am his.

Alrighty, moving on. To celebrate, Sean and I traveled to Puerto Rico for 6 days so you know that means I have a lot of Puerto Rico posts coming up which I hope that you’ll enjoy. We took a five month break from traveling just so that we could spend more time at home, so you can say that we had quite the travel itch and could not wait to explore Puerto Rico!

We started our trip by driving to Philadelphia where we would catch our flight. We’ve been traveling for quite some time now so we finally get some perks and enjoyed free lunch and drinks at the Amex Centurion Lounge prior to boarding our flight.

thumbnail_IMG_2680

thumbnail_IMG_2684 thumbnail_IMG_2688

thumbnail_IMG_2685

For the first half of our trip we stayed in an apartment in Ashford Imperial through Airbnb in Condado Beach. It was in a great location and we also had the most amazing view from the apartment and wished we had booked our entire stay here.

Here are some pictures of the apartment we stayed in while we were in Condado Beach.

IMG_4220

IMG_4212 IMG_4221

IMG_4214

IMG_4232 IMG_4239

IMG_4240

Views from the apartment.

IMG_4208

IMG_4203

IMG_4223

IMG_4225

We arrived in Puerto Rico rather late but the apartment welcomed us with the greatest night time view. We were starving so we had a quick dinner at Tijuana's Bar and Grill for some tacos which were so flavorful!

We woke up to the most gorgeous sunrise and I couldn’t help but to snap some pictures. I think I should mention here that the majority of my pictures from this trip were taken with my phone because the humidity would cause my lens to fog up immediately. A bit of a bummer at first but I must admit that my phone took some great images!

thumbnail_A9AD3168-1ED7-45FF-89C1-4851BDE20FAE

We were up rather early the following morning so we decided to head to the gym prior to getting our day started. We actually went to the gym twice while we were in Puerto Rico which was a first for us while on vacation! We are members of Planet Fitness and since there was a location so close to our Airbnb we thought, why not?

After the gym, we had breakfast in the apartment, got ready for the day and then explored for a little bit before heading to Condado Beach to relax and read our books. There was a woman with an ices cart that we of course had to have and best part, they'll put rum in it if you ask!

After the beach we went to the apartment’s pool and relaxed some more. It was certainly a very relaxing day which we loved.

thumbnail_IMG_2708

thumbnail_IMG_2713

thumbnail_IMG_2721

thumbnail_IMG_2717

thumbnail_IMG_2712

thumbnail_IMG_2726

thumbnail_IMG_2727

thumbnail_IMG_2729

IMG_4183

IMG_4193

IMG_4194

IMG_4197

thumbnail_7B437A7B-5BE1-4BFD-B400-DD5F0077B4FB

IMG_4198

After that we went back to the apartment to get ready for the evening as we were going to La Placita which is extremely popular in Puerto Rico. Cinthia, who is from Puerto Rico, said that this is her most favorite thing to do in the evening. I got the below excerpt that way you can have a better understanding of what La Placita is all about:

“LaPlacita de Santurce is a must stop for anyone visiting Puerto Rico. It was founded more than 100 years ago asa two-tiered market square, full of shops to buy fruit, vegetables, meat, medical offices and much more. Now, in the day it functions like a market place with some open restaurants and in the night from 6:00 in the afternoon the Famous "Placita de Santurce" comes to life. There are recognized restaurants and local kiosk that sell fried foods like empanadillas, alcapurrias and bacalaitos. From Thursday to Sunday the atmosphere increases in the Placita. Here you can dance salsa or merengue with live music, listen to jazz, rock band, sing karaoke or have a good time in the night clubs. History, food and nightlife all in one place”.

thumbnail_IMG_2767

thumbnail_IMG_2783

thumbnail_IMG_2780 thumbnail_IMG_2778

The most amazing mofongo.

thumbnail_IMG_2785

Told ya!

thumbnail_IMG_2786

thumbnail_IMG_2790

thumbnail_IMG_2794

It is seriously such an incredible time and I highly recommend to anyone visiting! As noted above, there are tons of restaurants so you can get all you want to eat and drink. We had dinner at Don Tito Restaurant and Music Hall where I fell in love with passion fruit mojito and had the best mofongo dish of my life. After dinner we walked the streets and joined in all the dancing because how could you not. There's a feeling you get when you see everyone around you dancing to live music on the streets! It's basically free entertainment and we loved it!

Unfortunately, we had to leave before 11pm as Sean booked us for an early catamaran the following morning! More to come!

8 comments:

  1. Happy 10 years!! That is so amazing. We'll be 10 years in June. We've always wanted to visit Puerto Rico. It's such a nice short flight and always looks so beautiful. And your pictures, amazing as always! Teach me your ways! You always have the best white balance and your sky is never blown out. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And yay for ten years coming up for you guys too! Such a milestone :) If it's on your list you def. have to visit! It's gorgeous and I loved it so much. I can't wait to go back!

      Aww, this just made me smile big! Honestly, I think it is all about being picture taking crazy. After a while you just start to know what works and what doesn't if that makes any sense. Maybe one day we'll have a picture taking day and we can both teach each other their ways since I think you're just as amazing with a camera!

      Delete
  2. Happy 10 years! Sean is a great guy- I hope to have a relationship like you two have one day <3

    It's funny how quickly 5 months goes by in my world, I feel like you two are always somewhere! I'm excited for all these posts.

    I've never stayed in an Air BnB ... of course I don't go anywhere, so why would I ?! but yes their apartment looked amazing.

    These phones DO take great images. Big camera? What big camera? That sunrise was gorgeous.

    Kudos for exercising while on vacation!

    Rum ice sounds phenomenal. I'm not a big day drinker, but in Puerto Rico I'd oblige.

    La Placita sounds like a wonderful experience and time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I wish the same for you.

      Haha, those 5 months dragged! I think because we tend to be on the road a lot visiting friends and family it does make it seem like we are always somewhere.

      AirBnb's are great! You save a ton of money going that route too!

      Seriously, so impressed with the camera on this phone! I still love taking pictures with my big camera but it makes it so much easier to just leave it behind when I know that my camera will suffice!

      LOL, seriously. Who are we?!

      It was delicious. We had several times while we were there ... we use the heat as our excuse, ha.

      It was such a wonderful experience. I really, really want to go back to PR soon! I didn't realize how much I'd love it.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to show thanks to the writer just for bailing me out of such a instance. Because of searching through the internet and seeing techniques which were not powerful, I was thinking my life was well over. Living without the approaches to the issues you have fixed as a result of your entire article content is a serious case, and those that might have badly damaged my entire career if I had not encountered your site. Your personal talents and kindness in handling a lot of things was very useful. I'm not sure what I would have done if I hadn't discovered such a point like this. I can also at this moment relish my future. Thank you very much for this reliable and sensible guide. I won't be reluctant to suggest your web blog to any person who would like tips about this matter.
    San Diego photographer

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!