Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2019

Scenes from Thanksgiving 2019

IMG_4507

Good Morning y'all! Not surprising that I am late in recapping Thanksgiving but my position remains better late than never. This year was a special Thanksgiving because Sean did not have to work (woohoo!), we hosted Thanksgiving in our home and our precious new niece was present. It wasn't difficult to list all the things we are most thankful for.

IMG_4483

IMG_4412 IMG_4413

IMG_4424

IMG_4458 IMG_4461

Cheeseboard to munch on while we prepared dinner.

IMG_4450

The day was certainly a lot of fun. We decided to do things a little differently this year and have Thanksgiving dinner at 2pm. That didn't happen (not surprising), more like 3pm-ish but it was the earliest we've ever eaten and we've decided we always want to do it this way. If we say dinner is at 2pm at least we won't be eating at 6pm, ha.

Alexa was in high demand that day and Sean and I gave her a little vacation after our family left ;). But there was a whole lot of dancing and singing so I'm sure Alexa appreciated how popular she was that day.

IMG_4475 IMG_4480

My dad brought back a bracelet from Ghana for my niece.
It is what she is showing off in these pictures, haha.

IMG_4499

IMG_4486 IMG_4491

She is truly the sweetest girl, I love her so.

IMG_4496 IMG_4494

IMG_4505

All the heart eyes for these two!

IMG_4520

This apple cider sangria was a hit and now I'll always make sure that it is present at Thanksgiving dinner.

IMG_4560 IMG_4561

IMG_4573 IMG_4569 IMG_4574

IMG_4577

IMG_4582

IMG_4581 IMG_4584

IMG_4588

IMG_4518 IMG_4595

It was really an incredible day. One of the best days I've had in a while. Funny thing was that it wasn't exactly anything extraordinary. Just that the overall feel of the day was just so good. I won't ever be able to properly put it in words but I ended that day feeling an immense amount of gratefulness and know that I'll never take the people I love most in this world for granted.

8 comments:

  1. I LOVED all these photos. I adore your house (and your family!). At least you took photos on Thanksgiving. I did nothing, except go to 3 different houses and deal with an unhappy over-stimulated baby ;)

    We never do Thanksgiving early on my side of the family either, it's always been regular dinner time. I'd much prefer it earlier in the day as well. Hooray to new traditions.

    I love that you guys sing and dance together.

    I love a good day when your heart feels full... that hasn't happened in a very long time. A grateful heart is a happy heart. I'm glad you all had an amazing day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I took more pictures this Thanksgiving than I've done in years! I can't wait to frame several of them.

      Much prefer it earlier because then you have more time together after dinner and can eat again without still being full, haha.

      A grateful heart is certainly a happy heart. Love that saying :) Thank you again!

      Delete
  2. It's the little things, yes.
    I like the look of the square plates on the circular mats.
    Beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is the little things :)

      Thank you, I like the look as well.

      Thank you again! They are beautiful people :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had an amazing Christmas! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did, I hope you did as well! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!