Pages

Monday, June 15, 2020

The time for actions is now

I’ve missed my blog.

Admittedly a lot has been on my mind and although blogging has always been therapeutic to me it has been the last place I’ve wanted to be. I’m incredibly sad, frustrated and angry that this post I wrote in 2013 regarding Trayvon Martin still rings very true seven years later. I am hopeful because I am seeing a lot more people speak up against the injustice Black people have continued to face versus sitting quiet because let's be honest a lot of the issues that affect Black communities do not affect them at all. That has been the silver lining in all of this. I am truly trying to stay hopeful and do much more than just pray. Praying is great and all but Faith without works is dead. And don’t get me started on how churches have chosen to stay quiet about racism for centuries but I digress … I’ve been educating myself on these issues ever since Trayvon Martin and I’ll continue to do so. These issues are not a trend, these are issues that have plagued the Black community for way too many years and people who want to fight along with us are all welcomed. Be sure that when you join this fight you are all in. There is no what ifs ... with us, or against us.

I think that’s pretty simple and it should have been for centuries.
Black Lives Matter to me. And it should for you too.

2 comments:

  1. I always have been and always will be WITH <3. I love you Faith.
    I haven't wanted to update either, so I understand. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you are ... I love you too Emily <3

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!