Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

The weekend that was good for my soul

IMG_6108

This tree in front of our house blossoms beautifully in the spring.

IMG_6101

IMG_6115

IMG_6124 IMG_6129

IMG_6116

I intended to post this quite some time ago but Izabella ended up getting hospitalized (thank God she is getting better everyday!) and then the ever ending disregard for Black bodies just took over and it was all I could think about. I just wasn't in the mood to talk about that one good weekend. Although my mind seems to be thinking of one thing (justice for Black people) these days, I still want this post to be here as a reminder of good days. That although life can sometimes be so ugly that there is still beauty and we can always find good if we choose to.

I think that weekend was the best one since quarantine began. As time drags on because people refuse to do their part (I know this because I can compare where other countries are compared to where we are) we’re having to find ways to do the things we enjoy while still being safe. Friday evening, we took the dogs for a drive (they love car rides!) and it just made me so happy to see how thrilled the dogs were to have their heads out the window. They truly savor fresh air.

Saturday morning we woke up to perfect weather so I started meal prep early that way I could enjoy the rest of the day in the sunshine. I made this dish and I found it to be an easy recipe and so delicious. Burrata cheese is my new favorite.

In the afternoon, the pool company came out and set measurements in our backyard that way we could see exactly where the pool is going. It’s kinda crazy but it’s happening. We were actually suppose to have the pool done Memorial Day weekend but with all the restrictions that were put in place that had to be placed on hold. Construction begins on Friday!

(That's how long ago I wrote this post because the pool is done, lol!)

We took the dogs out for another ride and then to the lake since it’s their favorite place to be. OK, maybe Izy’s favorite place to be. When we dropped our dogs off, Sean and I went for a walk with my camera in tow and I snapped the three images below.

IMG_6042

IMG_6045

IMG_6051

When we got home I made guacamole for the first time. I know, what?! I've just always ordered at restaurants and didn’t bother to make at home. It was sooo good and probably one of the easiest things I’ve ever made. I’m going to make some again this weekend because now I’m obsessed. It’s definitely going to be a regular thing now.

IMG_6155

IMG_6177

The tomatoes were for the dish I mention above with burrata cheese.

IMG_6195

We also made strawberry mojitos and they were so good! Sean said, "I'd pay $12 for this drink". It’s actually incredible to me all the things we are figuring out to do by ourselves now.

IMG_5078 IMG_5079

In the evening, Sean grilled burgers and hot dogs for dinner which we enjoyed out on our deck. At the end of the evening, our kitchen definitely showed the evidence of a rather great day. It looked like we threw a party for just the two us.

Sunday morning, we had BEC on a bagel and then worked on our front lawn. Watering plants and trimming our overgrown Japanese maple tree were the highlights. I won’t say we did an amazing job but it definitely looks better than it did.

After the yard work, I completed meal prep and then sat in my hammock (even fell asleep) for the rest of the day. My sister recommended that I read “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before” even though I’ve watched the movie on Netflix way more than I can count. I started on Sunday afternoon and was done Monday evening. It was actually the fastest I’ve read a book in the longest time and I was pretty surprised. Now I’m going to get the second and third book because I can’t leave myself hanging.

I hope you all are finding ways to keep yourself sane and happy and that you all are having wonderful weeks! ♥ xoxo

** And while on that note, I'm going to try my hardest to get back to updating this blog on the regular.
I can't let something I enjoy doing slip away the way I have. **

12 comments:

  1. Life has been so hard ... it's been a hard year... I coun't my blessings that my kids are healthy, we have a roof over our heads, and I still have a job. I have so much to say about BLM and Covid .. we've talked at length about both .. I'll save it for my own blog, if I ever decide to write on it again.

    I'm glad Izabella is getting better every single day! The kids and I do long car rides now too. Dom likes to play Pokemon Go, I like to just drive and zone out. Sam seems to enjoy it for the most part too.

    That pasta looks amazing. I don't think the kids would it, but I may make it just for me sometime. I love making guac! The mojito loks good too... do you have the recipe for that by chance ? I haven't made the Sangria yet, because I don't have a pitcher.

    Lovely photos <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has been a hard year. I'm hoping that it doesn't get any harder but I have a feeling it will. But yes, also trying to count my blessings as I'm aware that I have many.

      There's so much to write about right now but it's hard to do it because so much is going on. Whenever you decide you want to write again, I'll be there to read it.

      Thank you so much, she is such a trooper! The pasta is so good ... thinking about doing it again this weekend. Guac is my new favorite to make, I've been doing it every weekend since the first time, haha. I'm obsessed. I don't think you need a pitcher to make the sangria to be honest. I believe I found the recipe on pinterest. I'll search it and send it to you through pinterest if I saved it.

      Delete
  2. Oh such lovely pictures here. its good to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a testimony that I will tell everyone to hear. i have been married for 4 years and on the fifth year of my marriage, another woman had a spell to take my lover away from me and my husband left me and the kids and we have suffered for 2 years until i meant a post where this man Dr.Wealthy have helped someone and i decided to give him a try to help me bring my love Husband home and believe me i just send my picture to him and that of my husband and after 48 hours as he have told me, i saw a car drove into the house and behold it was my husband and he have come to me and the kids and that is why i am happy to make everyone of you in similar issues to meet with this man and have your lover back to your self His email: wealthylovespell@gmail.com or you can also contact him or whatsapp him on this +2348105150446.....  thank so much Dr.Wealthy. ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Post,

    Marriage Registration in India, any ceremonial Hindu Marriage, Arya Samaj Mandir Marriage, Muslim Marriage, Christian Marriage in India would now have to be registered by people of all religions and by the Supreme Court in all states.

    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this heart touching story.
    Stay blessed and Always be happy Faith.

    Pakistani Wedding

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Name is Elena I want to testify of the good work of Lord Zuma who helped me in achieving the goals, i was in a relationship for 4years with my boyfriend and everything was going so sweet i loved him and i believed he loved me more than anything in this world after a while i noticed some changes in him so i knew something was wrong i tried to pleases him in several ways but no outcome, shortly i noticed he was seeing another girl i tried to make him understand that i loved him so much but he wouldn't even listen, one day i read a testimony on a similar case a person testifying of the work of this great Lord Zuma even when i did not believe i was convinced by my girlfriend so i contacted him and let him know all my problems and he said i should not worry that everything will be okay for me, in 2days my lover came asking me to forgive him after giving Lord Zuma the information and the necessary things to carry out the work for me, so if you are going through any problem contact him he might be the answer to your problem, here is his email address. spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +1 506 800 1647.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We provide court marriage in Ghaziabad. Hire our lawyer for same day court marriage, tatkal marriage, urgent marriage

    ReplyDelete
  8. The counselor uses various therapeutic techniques to help couples identify and address the underlying causes of their conflicts, as well as develop strategies for resolving them. Cincinnati Marriage Counselors

    ReplyDelete

  9. This is very information post! this blog really caught my attention thank you for attention to this imprortant topic.
    get information about Inter caste marriage problems here.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!