Pages

Thursday, January 25, 2018

My goals for 2018

IMG_2828

I know by now everyone might be sick of the resolution type posts but I want to have my goals for 2018 noted here that way I can have a quick place to reference when I need a reminder. I love that a new year allows you to reflect on the past year and set goals for the new year. There were a few things that I did in 2017 that I wish to continue in 2018. But there are also a few things that I would like to work on in 2018 to push me closer to the person that I want to be and for goals I'd like to accomplish.

Things I want to continue in 2018:

Prep our meals for the week on Sunday
Reducing considerably our meat/poultry intake
Exercise
Saving and budgeting money
Traveling
Sunday dinners with Sean and date nights
Investing in real estate
Working on our home
Daily cleaning schedule
Spending quality time with friends and family
Not worrying about what people think of me and continuing to take to heart this quote, "what others think of you is none of your business"
Take pictures, anytime and anywhere and charge for my work
Re-wearing items in my closet versus shopping on a regular basis
Being politically aware and donating to causes I'm interested in and feel will make a difference in people's everyday lives

Things I want to work on in 2018:

Spending less time on social media
Picking up the phone to actually call friends and family and stop relying on texting
Less snacking and more work on fitness
Spending more time meditating and praying
Memorize a new scripture once a week as I did when I was a child
Go through closet quarterly to either donate or get rid of clothing no longer worn
No spend months, three times per year
Read more books
Complete decorating our office and start narrowing down pictures for our travel wall

4 comments:

  1. "Take pictures, anytime and anywhere and charge for my work" <-- YES- do this. It's amazing how quickly your business will grow and it's nice to have extra cash (lenses baby).

    I'm bad about calling people too, unless I'm in the car and can't text (I probably should talk either). I need to spend less time on social media too. I do it throughout the day, but WHY. It literally adds no value to my life- except when I'm gaining photo clients.

    All these goals seem practical and attainable, and I agree with most of them for myself as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be a life coach! You really have a way of simplifying life in a way that's not overwhelming and attainable for the everyday person! I love how organized and goal oriented you are! I'm learning.Your priorities are right on! Pure Gold! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this list. I know you can do it. What does no spend month entail?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!