Pages

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

No spend January

IMG_0363 IMG_0392

Last year we did a no spend January and really enjoyed it so we’ve upped it for 2018 to three no spend months this year. It’s a real eye-opener to see the amount of money that is spent on frivolous things such as coffee at Starbucks, orange juice from the vending machine at work, etc. Obviously money will be spent during our no spend months but only for items that are needed. No new pair of shoes, no trying of new face/hair products and no snacks from that damn vending machine at work. We haven’t decided yet if we should strip out date nights at restaurants for our no spend months but we decided that for the month of January we would.

I should note that any arrangements I made prior to January I decided I would keep; like the brunch date with Cinthia last weekend and a dinner to celebrate a friend's birthday this weekend.

Doing this really allows me to focus on the things that I already have and I feel such gratefulness when I realize all that I really do have. It’s not necessarily a bad thing to want a little more but it is such a great quality to feel content for what you already do have.

Have you done no spend months? How did it go? And if yes, are you doing it again this year?

8 comments:

  1. I love this idea. We haven't done this but I would be open to trying it out. I spy some AC pics (or is that Vegas?)! I haven't been in the longest but feel like a visit is due this year. Sierra~Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to do this in the worst way!! I know it would be a shocker to us to see how frivolous we often spend our money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to be on your level. I need to do that for an entire year if not two years. BLAH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's great to save the money and get a better understanding of where all of your funds are going. There are definitely times where I've said, I really need to watch my spending for a few months, and I recall those lean years where I was so broke it was a forced no spend, but a true intentional no spend is something I've never done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot for providing individuals with remarkably special possiblity to discover important secrets from this blog. It really is so sweet and as well , jam-packed with fun for me personally and my office fellow workers to search the blog at minimum thrice weekly to learn the fresh secrets you will have. Of course, I'm also usually motivated with all the impressive tactics you serve. Some 4 facts in this posting are unequivocally the most beneficial we've had. cabo san lucas weddings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe, I remember this inspiring me last year and...I caved! I will consider it sometime this year! Promise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there anything you can't do?! Wonder Woman, I'm up for the challenge! 😳

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm...this sounds intriguing. I just might try it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!