Pages

Thursday, February 8, 2018

Sunny winter brunch

Although it was so cold this particular day it was also very sunny. And as much as I would have liked to stay in my house all day that day, I made brunch plans with Cinthia a month prior. Since the restaurant is closer to my house, Cinthia drove to my house, parked her car in my driveway and then I drove us to 3rd and Ferry Fish Market. Once we were sitting in my car with music blaring and driving to the restaurant, any longing for me to be at home went away. It’s funny how that happens.

Since Cinthia and I don’t work together anymore, when we get together these days we have so much catching up to do. Cinthia’s brother and his family moved from Puerto Rico to live with her while they get situated, so she has been pretty busy getting them settled. Basically we had a lot to talk about and I don’t think we stopped talking the entire time. OK, I lie we did have to stop every so often to stuff our pie holes with crab bisque, ceviche, crab topped fries and fried calamari as well. I appreciate and enjoy spending quality time with close friends and I like that these friendships help me get out of ruts when I feel myself falling into them, which often happens in the wintertime for me.

IMG_2765 IMG_2760

IMG_2761

IMG_2758 IMG_2767

Although these food pictures aren’t the best (the sun was all up in our business!) what’s a blog post without pictures?
And ice cream, regardless of the season, is always a yes. I hope you’re all having a great week so far! ♥

4 comments:

  1. That ice cream looks sooo good. I need some ice cream :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so yummy and I am loving that light. It's always so nice to get together with friends and catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to have lunch with a friend! I'm meeting a girlfriend Monday and almost cancelled, your post made me happy I didn't!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The food looks amazing ! I need to make a brunch date with my bestie. I miss her to pieces.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!