Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Puerto Rico: Final Recap

thumbnail_392FD154-D0E6-4E32-AC63-55BEC0BF9D4F

After our informative walk tour of Old San Juan we just wanted to relax by the pool so we headed back to our room, freshened up, changed into our swim wear and ordered some passion fruit mojitos.

thumbnail_IMG_3111

thumbnail_IMG_3113

thumbnail_IMG_3118

thumbnail_IMG_3238

While we swam, a rainbow appeared out of no where and it surprised us both because it had not rained. In fact, the last time I saw a rainbow was the day after my mom passed away. We are convinced that this was my mom’s way of wishing us a happy 10th year anniversary on our wedding anniversary day.

thumbnail_IMG_3136

Our walk tour guide recommended that we go to Sofia’s Italian Steakhouse for dinner and it did not disappoint. It was SO good. I ordered a shrimp in champagne cream sauce that I wish I could dunk my whole face in. Our food was just amazing and so was our service.

thumbnail_IMG_3164 thumbnail_IMG_3166

thumbnail_IMG_3168

thumbnail_IMG_3169 thumbnail_IMG_3173

thumbnail_IMG_3176

thumbnail_IMG_3179 thumbnail_IMG_3182

After dinner, we met up with Cinthia in Old San Juan and popped in and out of several places, enjoyed some dancing and multiple passion fruit mojitos. The drink of choice this trip. We went to La Taberna Lupulo, Rivera Hermanas Café & Teatro Rest, La Sombrilla Rosa and La Factoria.

thumbnail_IMG_3207 thumbnail_IMG_3228

The following morning we planned for a relaxing beach day. We started with an incredible breakfast at Musa. The décor in this place was stunning and I could not stop taking pictures. I honestly don’t think we had one bad meal while we were in Puerto Rico.

thumbnail_IMG_3241

thumbnail_IMG_3242 thumbnail_IMG_3249

thumbnail_IMG_3250

thumbnail_IMG_3244

thumbnail_IMG_3251

After breakfast we drove to Pinones, Puerto Rico and relaxed at the beach for a few hours. Cinthia recommended that we drive to Pinones as there are so many restaurants on the side of the road and it’s all pretty much fried which translates to delicious. We had just eaten so we didn’t get food right away.

thumbnail_IMG_3260

thumbnail_IMG_3269

thumbnail_435BA4BC-D11D-47B0-98C4-B7C63B73C3F5

thumbnail_IMG_3271

thumbnail_IMG_3275

We decided to beach hop a little and went to Playa De Isla Verde and really loved the atmosphere of this beach. We stayed here much longer, relaxing and reading the books we brought with us.

thumbnail_IMG_3285

thumbnail_IMG_3281 thumbnail_IMG_3282

thumbnail_IMG_3287

When we got hungry we ventured back to Pinones and picked up some amazing food that we had to order a second time.

thumbnail_IMG_3292

We went to bed early that day and woke up to the most glorious sunrise. I couldn't help but to snap a few shots as the light seeping through our room was just perfect. These pictures do it no justice.

IMG_4243

IMG_4249

IMG_4256 IMG_4258

IMG_4259

IMG_4261 IMG_4271

Since we were up rather early we decided to work out at the hotel gym prior to leaving Puerto Rico. After the gym we got ready for the day and quickly packed up our suitcases. We had our last breakfast at Panaderia Espana. Another incredibly delicious meal and so well priced!

thumbnail_IMG_3316

At the airport we were surprised to find that we could actually buy something at the duty free. Puerto Rico is so convenient. You don’t have to exchange money and you get to shop at the duty free. We picked up a nice bottle of scotch and got it engraved to read ‘Puerto Rico 2019 10 year anniversary.

thumbnail_IMG_3318 thumbnail_IMG_3320

We had such a great time in Puerto Rico and both cannot wait to go back.

5 comments:

  1. the passion fruit mojito looks like a work of art!

    That's amazing that a rainbow appeared out of seemingly no where! I like to think it was your mom giving you too a big hug.

    The shrimp dish looks outstanding! I'm glad you all had fun dancing and drinking your face off :D

    Your breakfast place looks like a scene from a mob movie. It's super cool.

    Beachday/ fried food day sounds and looks amazing. I've been itching to get to a beach and out of my city for awhile.

    I love watching how the light shifts throughout the day. Especially the morning and evening time.

    I'm glad you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, it taste like a work of art. At least what I think beautiful art would taste like if it were food/drink.

      I would really like to think so especially since it had not rained!

      It was so, so good! I'm actually going to see if I can find a similar recipe and recreate it at home.

      Haha, it really does, doesn't it. It was such a cool looking restaurant and the food was amazing too which is always a bonus.

      I've been itching to get to the beach too! Winter has been mild but I still find myself craving some warmth.

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful blue skies and delicious looking food. Wow, that rainbow gave me chills. What a beautiful sign <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly can't wait to go back if only for the food. The beauty of PR is truly a bonus. And yes, it gave me chills too especially since it had not rained! Ever since my mom passed away she has sent signs here and there and it always gives me chills.

      Delete
  3. I love beach hopping too. It's not that you do anything different necessarily, but it's fun being in a new spot.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!