Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2020

A snow day in the Poconos

IMG_5195

Since Sean and I did a no spend, no drink in January we were quite productive. We got around to doing things around the house that we have been slacking on since we bought our house in 2014. By the third week in January, Sean was definitely getting antsy and wanting to do something (read: anything) so he suggested that we drive to the Poconos (30 minutes from our town) and just explore. When I saw that snow was in the forecast for that Saturday, I tried to convince Sean that we should just cancel and stay at home but he said, what’s the point of having a Land Rover if you’re afraid to drive in snow? Well, let’s just say I’m glad he said that because the snow ended up being rather light and the ONLY snow we’ve had this year! I loved enjoying a day out in the snow and when we got hungry we used a Red Lobster gift card that we were given on Christmas so no spend was still in effect.

IMG_5180 IMG_5187

IMG_5189

IMG_5193

The Poconos is beautiful and Sean and I are planning to explore some more once the weather warms up and I’m really looking forward to it. This day also happened to fall on January 18th which marked four years of me beating death. The major gratitude I feel on this day, to be able to see the beauty of freshly fallen snow with my person ... it simply makes my heart the happiest.

IMG_5198

IMG_5197

IMG_5199

IMG_5215

Snow brings out the silly side.

IMG_5200

IMG_5203 IMG_5201

IMG_5217

IMG_5223 IMG_5213

IMG_5229

Any day I can have those biscuits is a good day.

thumbnail_8194DB92-769D-405E-A9C3-4FC2844C6AD7

Life is all about these small moments that eventually build up to big moments. This was a rather simple day but it ended up being one of my most favorite days. This is what finding happiness in the everyday is all about. I am so grateful for life so will continue to shout from the rooftops how good life is. Even on bad days, you are breathing. You are still breathing and that is our gift.

7 comments:

  1. I always hear movies and shows refer to the Poconos, but never had a clue what that actually was LOL!

    He's right... if I had a Land Rover, I'd be Uber'ing for people in bad weather - HA! Ok not really, but we had hardly snow either this year (totally ok with it!)

    I will NEVER forget that day you called me while I was at work. I was so terrified, but got straight to praying. I knew you'd pull through, deep in my heart, I kept feeling that you would be okay <3

    You two are so cute playing in the snow! Sometimes the simple days end up being the best days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Growing up I always heard about the Poconos as well. It always seemed so fancy because it was always seen as a romantic location but it really isn't that fancy, haha.

      LOL! Yeah I always have to be safe to an extreme so I think it helps that he is a bit more reckless.

      Ugh, it was awful. And I'm not sure what I was doing making phone calls because I wasn't even coherent!

      Hehe, thank you :) It was a fun day!

      Delete
  2. I love the Poconos; spend a weekend. I remember those commercials from back in the day for romantic weekends in the poconos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are thinking of doing a staycation this summer, we shall see. I remember all the commercials too (lol) and never would have thought I'd live 30 minutes away from it.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salah satunya kulineran Hyderabad yang harus dicoba ialah Gosht Pasinde. Kulineran yang ini mempunyai kuah kental dengan cita-rasa yang paling sedap. Sendokan kuah pertama akan membuat Anda suka dan ingin cobanya kembali dan kembali. Untuk Anda pencinta kulineran yang kaya rempah, Gosht Pasinde pas untuk Anda cicipi.

    Kacang dan kentang jadi peranan penting dalam pengerjaan kulineran yang ini. Daging dan kuah yang unik jadi kombinasi yang harus Anda coba. Struktur daging yang empuk jadikan tidak ada argumen tidak untuk coba Gosht Pasinde. https://reseproti.com/ Di Hyderabad, kulineran yang ini lumayan gampang ditemui.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!