Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Tuesday morning random ramblings

IMG_0910

Ahhh, tell me that you are seeing signs of Spring where you are. I sure am! Some are in the form of sneezing and the popping of Claritin pills and other signs are the fact that we have multiple days in the high 50s and low 60s ranges the entire week.

Daylight savings is this week (eek!) and I am so looking forward to longer days and nights.

I was surprised last week with a promotion at work. Next month will actually mark six years with my company and I’m grateful that I love it just as much (if not more) than when I was first hired. Sean and I are planning to wait until next month to celebrate that way we can possibly enjoy a rooftop dinner at Zest; which is where we went to celebrate Sean’s promotion last year.

If you followed my Instagram stories over the weekend you would have seen the building that Sean and I purchased. Deep breath. It’s a hot mess right now but I can see the vision which is all Sean wanted from me. We aren’t going to start any work for several months but there is a lot of work behind the scenes that we need to get on immediately. Hiring out the work, figuring out how long this renovation will take, and how much it is going to cost us to renovate nine apartments that basically don’t exist right now. This is definitely something we haven’t done before but we are optimistic and I’m looking forward to seeing all the changes that will eventually take place. Deep breath.

I know I said that I was going to dial back on Netflix but I enjoyed the movie ‘The Hundred Foot Journey’ and the show ‘I’m Not OK With This’ so I figured I could recommend both here in case you’re looking for a few things to watch before winter is officially over. Let’s just say that 'I’m Not OK With This' did not end at all as I expected. I also started 'Love is Blind' on Netflix with Sean's mom last weekend. I'm only on the second episode but um, what?! Mind blown all over the place.

Oh yes, we are getting an inground pool! Say it ain't so. Sean has been begging for a pool since we bought our house in 2014; and each time I’ve said absolutely freaking not. Well, this year Sean wasn’t taking no for an answer and listed all the pros (trust me, I already know all the cons, ha) that come with having a pool. Sean knows that I'm a big picture kinda person so he used that to his advantage, finally. The one pro that finally changed my mind was his insistence that now more of our friends and family will visit us which equates to less weekends spent on the road. He didn’t need to tell me twice. We should have the pool a few weeks before Memorial Day weekend and I cannot wait to have a true oasis at home. I'm already thinking of all the summer BBQs we will host!


What I’m looking forward to:

Longer days and nights
Seeing nature slowly coming back to life
Al fresco dining
Less clothing layers
Decorating the backyard once our pool is installed

What are you looking forward to in the coming months?
Happy Tuesday! ♥

8 comments:

  1. How exciting! Congratulations on ALL the highlights...promotion.....new property.....new pool. Change of season, and longer days (YES). Such an exciting time for you....looking forward to all the fun pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm so excited! I'm looking forward to taking all the fun pics :)

      Delete
  2. The weather has been remarkable it's going to get into the 70s this weekend.

    Dominic is suffering from allergies too though.

    I am so happy for longer nights, I don't care that we lose an hour of sleep. I am so much happier when we "spring foward"

    Congrats on your promotion! How exciting.

    Holy cow! You're going to be landlords of 9 apartments and however many homes you already own and rent out.

    I will add all 3 of those shows/movies to my list!

    Congrats on the pool too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Into the 70s?! I'll be throwing a party if we were getting 70s this weekend!

      Poor Dom, it's no fun ... especially when you're a kid and want to enjoy outside.

      Haha, I actually forgot that we lose an hour of sleep, boo to that!

      Thank you so much! Yeah, it's a lot of apartments and I'm sometimes surprised how it has grown. It's crazy that it all just started because Sean's mom was having the most difficult times with landlords so we decided one day that we should be her landlord. Never would have thought that, that would lead to this.

      Add 'All the Bright Places' if you're in the mood to feel all the things. It was so incredible and I cried like a baby.

      Thank you!!

      Delete
  3. So many great things going on for you! First off, a big congratulations on the promotion! It's even more special and felt deserved when it comes as a surprise. And a whole building?! Way to go!!! The most we've ever taken on was a two family house, but nine apartments (in the making) that is so amazing! And dang, I missed your stories. Insta is not fair with who pops up for you to checkout at times :( Ok, now the pool, total goals!!! Eric and I have always wanted an inground pool but we're torn between working on building a barn and getting some animals, or going for the pool. We'll eventually do both, but we need to figure out what makes sense first. I am so happy for you all around and can't wait to see more glimpses of these journeys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!

      Yes, a whole building (eek) ... slightly terrifying to be honest, haha. If you saw the stories you would have thought we have lost our minds, lol.

      It's funny that I wasn't excited about the pool for a long while and all of a sudden something has switched and now I can't wait! That is so exciting that you're going to be building a barn and getting animals especially since I know how much your boys love animals! When you have both there would be no reason to ever leave home :) Thank you again! I can't wait to share more as things develop.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kecemburuan kerap kali berawal dari permasalahan harga diri. Anda kemungkinan tidak pantas mendapatkan kasih sayang tanpa dari seorang atau sudah menjadi keyakinan Anda di masa akhirnya dan itu membuat Anda merasa tidak nyaman dengan Anda.

    Apa saja permasalahannya, hubungan yang sehat berawal dari cinta diri yang sehat. Tingkatkan cinta diri bantu pegangan kecemburuan. https://selebviral.com/ Anda bisa latihan tingkatkan cinta dan rasa hormat yang Anda punyai untuk diri kita dengan menghabiskan waktu sendiri dan belajar menghargakan perusahaan Anda sendiri, menjaga tubuh Anda secara baik, dan meningkatkan peningkatan diri.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!