Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Family time will always be my favorite time ♥

Several weekends ago, we made plans to have a family day. We decided to head to Lake Welch in NY and have a little BBQ. It was our first family gathering with all of us present since my mom passed away. I was excited but also filled with unwelcomed emotions because knowing that my mom wasn't going to there made it bittersweet.

IMG_1504
IMG_1601

But guys, that day was pure perfection. It truly could not have been a more perfect day. It was like God and my mom smiled down on us that day and said you know what these guys deserve a really good day after the year they’ve had.

The laughter, smiles, games and fun we shared that day is going to be in my memory forever. There were no tears just pure happiness that we were able to be together. You could tell no one wanted to take this day for granted. Even when it down poured on us and we were running with our food back to our cars for protection we all had huge smiles on our face. And once we were in our cars completely soaked we were laughing so hard. We were like mom, why are you raining on our parade? ;)

We had such a ball. I don’t know if I should be so brave to say that it was the most fun I’ve ever had with my entire family. My sisters and I danced the nae nae and man, it made us laugh so hard.

Brian, my sister’s husband, taught us all these riddles and I’m proud to say that I’m smart ;). It was just such a great time and I feel so blessed to be in this family. I took so many pictures and although I really wanted to narrow it all down I just could not. I feel like every moment captured is time frozen of an incredible day and when I look at these pictures I get to relive this day all over again.

This has been the hardest time of my life. My sleep is horrible, my body is basically grieving as it is not easy to lose your mother especially when she was your person. Your favorite person in the entire world. But Lord knows that if I did not have my family, that if I did not have the relationship I have with my family that it would be so much worst. I don’t even want to imagine the type of state I would be in if not for them. So God, although I still feel you took my mother too early, I want to thank you for choosing these people to be in my life. You knew exactly what we would need when we would lose our angel on earth.

Family isn’t chosen. But it feels really good when you know that if you had a choice you would still choose them.

IMG_1430
IMG_1445 IMG_1471
IMG_1431
IMG_1477 IMG_1478
IMG_1449
IMG_1438
IMG_1474
IMG_1505 IMG_1486
IMG_1482
IMG_1495 IMG_1497
IMG_1444
IMG_1515 IMG_1518
IMG_1628
IMG_1526 IMG_1527
IMG_1630
IMG_1544 IMG_1531
IMG_1653
IMG_1580 IMG_1600
IMG_1592
IMG_1590 IMG_1596
IMG_1657
IMG_1633 IMG_1635
IMG_1640
IMG_1650 IMG_1643

- She is such a dancer!

IMG_1554 IMG_1556
IMG_1439
IMG_1563 IMG_1577

- It was also Maryanna's birthday the day before so when she went to the bathroom we pulled out the cupcakes that were in the car and quickly placed candles to surprise her. I loved her reaction.

IMG_1654
IMG_1668
IMG_1671 IMG_1672
IMG_1673 IMG_1675
IMG_1676
IMG_1684
IMG_1678
IMG_1680
IMG_1694 IMG_1699
IMG_1712 IMG_1715
IMG_1721
IMG_1725 IMG_1724
Mom, today marks two months without you. I miss you more than you could ever imagine.

9 comments:

  1. This post was just so beautiful, seeing all your happy faces made me smile so big. Family time is absolutely the best. I can't get over how big your nephew and niece are. Such adorable kiddos. I want to hang out with your family, you guys seem like such a fun bunch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You & Maryanna are twins! And your niece is so adorable. She's growing so fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful words. Beautiful weekend. Beautiful family. It's so great to see you all together and having such a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pictures, you guys had a really good time. God bless you and your family and may you have many more fun times together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this post even though now I'm at my desk ugly crying. I wish I stayed closer so I could give you a hug. Family truly is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The kids are growing so fast! They're all so adorable!!!

    Being around family can help almost any situation get better. I love how close you all are. Don't lose that.


    XO |EESH

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post. I am so happy you all had a truly beautiful day. It's even wonderful seeing your father pictured and in happy spirits as well. Beautiful photographs (per usual).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything about this, and your beautiful family! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Family time is the best time and i agree with you. You guys had an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!