Pages

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Annual Summer BBQ

I am finding myself so behind on blog posts. I would say I’m working on it but I’ve been saying that for a while & look where we are.

One month ago today, Sean and I held our annual summer BBQ. Our house had never been so packed before. At first, I worried that we wouldn’t be able to house so many people since our house is not big by any means but it worked out really well. We rented tables and chairs to go in our backyard but it was really hot that day so it was no surprise that besides the kiddos everyone wanted to be indoors with the central air. We filled up the kiddie pool, handed out water guns and water balloons to keep the kids entertained and we found that, that was all they needed.

We also had never had so many kids in our house before and wow, did our house come alive! Let's not mention all the décor that was moved from hands reach. Every single mom in attendance had a part in moving something from our tables and it was pretty funny to watch. I won’t lie, when everyone was gone the following day I really felt the difference & became sad. Our house is so quiet on the regular and it was really nice, if for a short while, to feel our house come alive with our friends and family. Of course, after a day or two I was more than happy to sit on my couch with my décor on my tables and read a magazine in peace and quiet ;).

I really, really wanted to take some great pictures (since I didn't do so great at last year's BBQ) but once again I don't think I did too great of capturing everyone who came (you wouldn't even know my dad was there if I didn't tell you), but here are the ones I did get.

IMG_7274

IMG_7272 IMG_7273

IMG_7278 IMG_7281 IMG_7290

IMG_7289

Colleen brought me an amazing basil plant that she had been growing for two months. It was such a nice surprise!

IMG_7284 IMG_7283

IMG_7287 IMG_7286

IMG_7301 IMG_7294 IMG_7334

IMG_7305

IMG_7298 IMG_7314

IMG_7306

IMG_7311 IMG_7309

I already can’t wait for next year. And who knows? Maybe next year the guest list will be even bigger and I'll take proper pictures :)

3 comments:

  1. I feel like I'm always behind with blogging but I enjoy catching up when I can. The bbq looks like a good time! Sometimes smaller and being able to chat and relax can be more fun. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an awesome thing to do with family. I love being surrounded by my extended family and friends but I know what you mean about being able to enjoy your living space again.
    Beautiful pictures. I am also behind on my posts and at this point, I am not sure of how to even catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photographs Faith. It was nice of you to think of the little ones too. I love that you enjoy getting your family and friends together often. I wish I was more hostess-y (lol).

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!