- The pictures above are old pictures that I took almost three years ago but they get me excited for all the things I want to do that warm weather will allow. It’s like spring brings with it all new possibilities and I’m just feeling inspired to not just live but to thrive.
- When I was going through the experiences that the DVT & fibroids caused there was not much I could physically do, so I used my phone to write about how I was feeling. I'm going to make sure to jot them down on this blog that way I can have my thoughts and reflections on here as a reminder of how grateful I should be and how far I've already come.
- OK, something must have happened that I’m not aware of. Blog friends that I was able to directly respond to their comments on my blog are now no reply commenters. Did something happen? I’m reading all your comments and then when I go to reply I immediately see no reply commenter. So sad.
- I am basically back to full duty right now. I’ll wait until May to go back to my doctor for a full duty release just to be sure that I can actually handle it and it is not just my excitement getting the best of me.
- The first day I returned to the gym (April 1st to be exact) I forced myself to walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes. It was not the best decision as I was still so weak. After discussing with Sean we decided that I’ll start at 15 minutes and move up a minute each day while keeping the incline and speed at a steady level until I could physically manage the activity. I’m now at 28 minutes on the treadmill and I feel pretty happy about it! Granted the incline is only 4 and speed at 2.7 but I’m just thinking about how far I’ve come vs. how much I use to be able to do prior to January 18th. Next week I'll be able to move up my incline, speed and time so progress all around!
- I found a Facebook message from 2006 by Colleen telling me that she was moving to Albany after college and that we needed to meet up. It is so funny to me that, that message is basically what began our 10 year friendship. Colleen said that she needs to frame the message and you know what? I kinda want to, too. June can’t get here soon enough because I need to squeeze her face. The last time she saw me I was in the hospital and she could not crack jokes because it hurt me to laugh and I could not walk so yeah, kinda want to show off my walking skills ;).
- So I usually make a shepherd’s pie with ground beef but this time I decided to do it with chicken and it was amazing. To be honest, I was a little nervous at first but wow it was good. I guess you can’t go wrong with chicken, mashed potatoes, corn and a little bit of gravy, at least that is what Sean said.
- I felt extreme sadness when I heard that Prince had passed away. I feel like all the greats I grew up with are no longer here and it just kinda gets to me. But I know that such is life. I'm just glad that he was able to share his love and talent for music with us while he was here.
- This weekend is a chill weekend and will be spent on our front yard because it is a hot mess. Granted my allergies are acting up so I don’t know how much work I’ll be able to do but I’ll be sure to offer support by opening trash bags for Sean to dump weeds, you know, all the outside stuff and also provide an endless amount of iced water to Sean.
Hope you all have fabulous weekends! ♥