Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Magnolia Trees, Wine & Good Company

IMG_5829

Last weekend was truly what weekend dreams are made of. The weather was perfection and the day just flowed so nicely.

Saturday morning, I woke up to the sunlight pouring in our bedroom and I quickly got up to make our already cleaned home look even cleaner. The smell of fresh flowers filled the entire house and it just felt good. For the first time in months I woke up without any ache or pain and it was a completely welcomed feeling. I was surprised to find Sean sitting in the kitchen drinking coffee and he simply said, I’m too excited to see Lucas that I could not sleep. Yes, Sean has corny in him too ;).

It wasn’t until Lucas, Danielle and Weston arrived that I realized that I was starving so we made quick lunches which consisted of turkey sandwiches, Doritos and pickles and then we were on our way.

Since the day was so gorgeous we knew we wanted to be outside but since Weston is only 1 years old we wanted to make it a time that he could enjoy as well. Sean reported that while driving around one day he happened upon an area with the trees I love and he thought it would be a nice place that I would enjoy taking pictures of.

He was right and it felt really nice that he actually thought of me when he drove by it.

IMG_5822 IMG_5824
IMG_5830
IMG_5826 IMG_5840
IMG_5819
IMG_5887 IMG_5890 IMG_5888
IMG_5834 IMG_5848
IMG_5869
IMG_5864 IMG_5871

It was gorgeous. All the pink just gave me this cheery feeling and it was hard to beat. Weston we soon found out is obsessed with trains and wouldn’t you know it that where we were we could see trains. And he was stoked. Sean then had us all get back in the car that way Weston could get up close and personal with the trains and he was in awe. He was the happiest when his dad allowed him to get closer to the train and it was so awesome to watch.

IMG_5891 IMG_5904 IMG_5892
IMG_5909 IMG_5913

After that we went to the winery where we shared a bottle of red and then it was time for dinner. Unfortunately, we had not made any reservations as we wanted to play it by ear based on whether Weston could manage being out longer, etc. Well, Weston is such a trooper and he was still in the mood to go. After being told by several restaurants that we had to wait over an hour to eat or that a restaurant was fully booked we ended up being able to get a reservation at Logans Steakhouse which was a perfect choice since it is so family friendly.

IMG_5927 IMG_5934
IMG_5935
IMG_5941 IMG_5936
IMG_5939
IMG_5948
When we got home Dani, Weston and I got comfortable with a movie and Sean and Lucas went out for the night for some boy time.

The next morning I whipped up some breakfast sandwiches and then Dani and I got ready to go to the outlets and then get manicures. I found a really cute outfit for Weston and navy blue converses since I think little kids in converses are the cutest things ever. After shopping we picked up iced lattes and cronuts and headed to the nail salon to get our manicures. We both ended up with similar, springy colors and then it was time to head back for us to say our see you laters.

The last time I saw Weston he was not even crawling so it was amazing to see him walking. When he first walked into our house he was shy and hiding behind his mother's leg but within one day it was like he knew us forever and I felt so happy. When he left he was saying my name and even gave me a hug and kiss. It is a little weird how happy the little gesture made me. We’ve already made plans for us to visit them in Virginia by the end of the year and I cannot wait.

They say good friends are hard to find so Sean got lucky when he found Lucas in elementary school. It’s a nice feeling when your spouses’ friends also become your good friends and people you can rely on at any time. Lucas, Dani and Weston thank you for your amazing company! You have no idea how blessed we feel to have y’all in our lives.

9 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love that you are back taking pictures! You do such good work!

    OK...You will be in my neck of the woods. Time for me, Peg (Pegster) and Cynthia (MrsPancakes) to arrange a meet up with you! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful weekend! Friends like that are hard to come by, you two are lucky! :) Glad you are feeling more like yourself! So sweet that he thought of you when he saw those pink trees. They're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great little story thank you for sharing! Weston is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great get together!!
    And those trees are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can tell it was a great outing; beautiful pictures..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Faith, so good to hear that you were feeling well and were pain free, so you could fully enjoy the day! I swear, what a difference some sunlight, nice weather, good food, flowers, and time with friends makes. There is this quote that I love, "enjoy the little things for one day you'll look back and realize they were big things". We (as in me) take these "little things" for granted far too often. And experiences like yours really put things into perspective. Thank you for sharing! <3 P.S. Weston is so adorable and I love your outfit Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waking up without any pain is a huge blessing. And any day that involves wine is a good day. These pictures are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love so much about this post - Yay to you feeling well, those gorgeous trees, wine, time spent with lifelong friends, and that cutie, Weston! Sounds like a perfectly wonderful weekend in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures. I'm glad Sean FINALLY got to see his best bud.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!