Pages

Monday, November 27, 2017

Girl's weekend in the city

Shortly after I chose Jihae's outfit to wear that evening, Stacy and Sherie arrived in the city. We quickly gathered our belongings and left Jihae's apartment to meet up with them. There were long hugs and excited shrieks, of course, and our weekend could really begin because now we were all together.

We went to the 911 Memorial since it was so close to our hotel. It was a surreal experience and I kept on imagining what happened here 16 years ago. And although it was hard not to feel sad about all the lives lost I think they did an amazing job honoring those who lost their lives on that tragic day. It’s a beautiful tribute and if you’re ever able to see it I recommend you do so.

IMG_9571

IMG_9572 IMG_9573

IMG_9575

IMG_9577 IMG_9586

IMG_9578
IMG_9580
IMG_9582
IMG_9587
IMG_9588
IMG_9593
IMG_9591
IMG_9594

IMG_9597 IMG_9596

After that we went shopping because that’s usually one of the things we do when we get together. And it took me back (as it always does) to our Saturdays in college when we shopped for outfits for the night. It was so much fun and well, I didn’t end up buying any clothes but I did end up purchasing $80.00 worth of face products (#sogrownup).

When we were done shopping, we went to our room to get ready and decided to push our reservation back an hour because we did not believe we all could get ready in time. Surprisingly we did but we just kept the later time that way we could enjoy some wine and talk some more before heading out.

We had dinner right across the street from the hotel at Amadas, a tapas style restaurant. It was delicious and we had such a great experience. I only took a couple of pictures of what we ate because I was too busy stuffing my face.

After dinner we took an UBER to The Django, a jazz club. And man, what a fun time! The music was fantastic, the drinks were strong and the vibes was exactly what we wanted. If you told me when we were in college that we would be enjoying a jazz club for a night out in the city, I would not have believed you. But atlas, here we were ... in the city, enjoying jazz all night. It was an incredible time and I cannot wait for us to do this again.

IMG_9604

IMG_9606 IMG_9607

IMG_9637
IMG_9610

IMG_9615 IMG_9619 IMG_9617

IMG_9623 IMG_9626

IMG_9613 IMG_9627 IMG_9616

IMG_9628 IMG_9629

When we got to our room it was three in the morning and we talked ourselves to sleep. I was surprised when we were all up within 5 hours but I think it is because we wanted to talk some more. And that’s what we did until Stacy finally suggested that we start getting ready for the day. We had breakfast at Le Pain Outiden and then Stacy was the first one to leave.

IMG_9641
IMG_9638
IMG_9644

It’s always a sad time when we realize that our time is over and you know it just was not enough. Soon after we were all on our way home, either catching flights, trains or buses. As I sat in my UBER heading to Port Authority, I remember feeling a bit of sadness because I know that it would be another year before the five of us are together again. Throughout the year, I do see the girls separately (except for Charmion) but it’s just so much better when we’re all together. We’ve already decided that for our 40ths we will do an international trip and that is something I truly cannot wait for.

I will forever be grateful for college as it brought these amazing women into my lives. I will forever treasure the bond that we created and the bond that has remained regardless of time or distance. We’ve been there for each other through good and bad times and I feel incredibly blessed. I can’t wait until the Fab Five is together again. ♥

3 comments:

  1. That club looks so cool! And yum, those drinks look amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun time together! Eric and I went to a jazz club a few years ago and always say it was one of our favorite nights in the city. I think we have to work out going again. I love the idea of an international trip! Sierra ~ Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh- here's the post ;) (I told you I fell behind!)

    I can't even imagine what it was like being in NYC during that tragic day. I can't even believe I've never asked you about it.

    Jazz & Dinner (& getting dressed up) sounds like the perfect night. We don't have any Jazz style clubs here. It's either rap or country no in between.

    beautiful photos Faith

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!