Pages

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Joy in the Everyday.

Shortly after my mom passed away I was in a slump for quite some time. It was at that time that I told myself to pay attention to the everyday details, big or small, that made me happy. I noticed that whenever I would walk into our sitting room and the sun was shining right though, I couldn’t help but to smile. Whenever I would catch myself smiling or feeling happy about something rather small, I would take a picture, to freeze that moment in time.

And I’ve continued to do it because sometimes I need a reminder of all the things that make me happy when I’m feeling down in the dumps. I grab my camera and freeze the moment in time. Here are a few of those moments.


Our furbabies love of sunlight.
Wherever the sun is that day is where you'll find them.

IMG_8757 IMG_8918

A bright blue sky.

IMG_1031

Pizza on the weekends.
Cheese for me, pepperoni & sausage for Sean.

IMG_0463

When Sean brought home a pine candle to have our house smell like a real tree resides here.
It also showed me his excitement to decorate for Christmas which in turn made me really happy :).

IMG_0459

To live in a house that offers so much natural light.
Brightens my mood daily.

IMG_9464 IMG_9460

A glass of my favorite wine on a Saturday (need more wine, please)

IMG_0417

Having our first fire of the season with a mantel newly decorated for Christmas.
Nothing cozier.

IMG_0473 IMG_0503

A sunrise and a sunset.

IMG_0578
IMG_8991

These are the simple joys in life that I don’t think about often since it is so much a part of my everyday life.
When I stop for just a moment to reflect, I realize that often it is the small things that bring me the most happiness.
It's amazing to see and appreciate just how special and important the everyday really is.

3 comments:

  1. I think I've finally caught up ?! First off beautiful photos.

    " I told myself to pay attention to the everyday details, big or small, that made me happy." <--- I should do this more often. I mostly just go through the motions.

    I love blue skies, pizza, bright natural light, wine, flowers, and a beautiful sunrise/set too <3

    This whole post made me feel happier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your pictures are like aged wine, it keeps getting richer, bolder and full! Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love your photos and positive outlook!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!