Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Summer Weekend with Colleen & Co.

IMG_6207

Ahh, last weekend was a good one. I saw my best friend (I mean sister) and her family! I say this often but I’m so glad that even with our distances we have still managed to see each other as often as we do. It isn’t easy as she is now a busy mother of TWO! But I’m proud of us for making the efforts regardless of distance and how life just seems to only get busier as we get older.

Years ago, Colleen was my party partner in crime. I have stories and more stories. And they always make me laugh. But life has changed and so have we! When Colleen asked Sean and me if we would want her to get a babysitter that way we can get out, I was surprised when Sean asked if we could just stay in with the kiddos! To be honest, I was going to ask that as well but to hear Sean actually request to stay in with two kiddos under three … well, that just blew my mind! Soon Colleen and I were envisioning a weekend of drinking chilled wine, playing with her sweet babies, stuffing our pie holes and spending as much time outside talking until our ears fell off. Simple perfection and exactly what we did! My only regret is not getting pictures of us all together.

Although, even if you know very little about me, you know what I will always have pictures of. Food, of course!

IMG_6181 IMG_6183

IMG_6184

IMG_6186 IMG_6188

IMG_6196

To me a caprese salad is summer on a plate.

IMG_6193 IMG_6200

I'm really not much of a steak person, but omgoodness if this wasn't the best steak I've ever had!

IMG_6210

I hope you all have had wonderful weeks and that you have great weekends! ♥

6 comments:

  1. What a precious gift and treasure of a friendship you share with Colleen. You are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is ... and I feel blessed for that friendship. It makes life so much easier and more enjoyable too :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  2. Fun times!! Great job on maintaining your long distance friendship. I have friends who live in the same city I haven't seen in a year. I s'pose one could argue we aren't actually friends in that case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was and thank you! I wouldn't necessarily say that because life really does get busy and as more time passes by it becomes easier to not make plans, set a date etc ... So make that call and see those friends if they are people you enjoy and want to see :)

      Delete
  3. There's nothing I love more than having a big dinner with family or friends- and just sit around talking and having a good time. (although I like going places too). I'm glad you and colleen have been able to maintain your friendship despite moving semi-far away.

    Your photos look devine- I sear it looks like it could be part of Better Homes and Gardens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I love it too :) And thank you .. I'm glad we've been able to maintain our friendship as well.

      And you are seriously the best. Thank you so much for encouraging me with this picture taking (?) hobby! I can't bring myself to say photography, lol.

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!