Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Family day at Bowlmor Lanes

IMG_6344

Last week was pretty difficult for me as it marked three years since my mom passed away. Some days it feels like she has been gone for so long and then some days like it just happened yesterday. This year hit me hard and I believe that it is because with each year that passes it becomes more real that she is gone. And with each year that passes I become more aware of how much she has missed since she's been gone and then my heart breaks even more. When does it get easier? Does it get easier?

Two Saturdays ago, my family and I got together to honor our amazing mom. We know that she would want us laughing, smiling and enjoying each other’s company. We first planned on having a beach day but with the many thunderstorms we’ve been having in the last few weeks we had to ditch those plans and settle for bowling instead. It wasn't really settling though because we really enjoy a competitive game of bowling. We went to Bowlmor Lanes and it was the fanciest bowling alley I've ever been to!

It was a good time although there were still moments when I would feel bursts of sadness but I find that is how the month of August is now. August 8th will always be one of the worst, if not the worst, days of my life. It is the day I lost my amazing mom and every single day I just wish that she was still here. Here are a ton of pictures from several weekends ago.


Always on the road.

IMG_6316

Wore purple lips as my mom's favorite color was purple.

IMG_6311 IMG_6312

Although we live the farthest away, Sean and I always tend to get to each place the earliest.
We checked out the little farm stand right next door while we wanted for my family to arrive.

IMG_6317 IMG_6319

IMG_6322

There was a red car that my niece and nephews were so excited to get in!
It was dingy and torn up inside but they did not notice that at all, ha.

IMG_6323 IMG_6324

IMG_6325

IMG_6330 IMG_6329

My brother in law painted my niece's face and he did such a great job!

IMG_6335 IMG_6334

Time to bowl!

IMG_6339

IMG_6341 IMG_6340

IMG_6342

IMG_6398

I beat everyone and that NEVER happens, haha!
I thought it was pretty incredible how it was purple inside the bowling alley.

IMG_6386

IMG_6351

SO happy with my many strikes that day.

IMG_6355 IMG_6357

My sister was on the bowling team in high school but kept on getting gutters, hahaha.

IMG_6363 IMG_6364 IMG_6371
IMG_6379 IMG_6350 IMG_6387

IMG_6346 IMG_6368

Auntie and nephew dancing ♥

IMG_6361 IMG_6362

Brother in law and niece dancing ♥

IMG_6375 IMG_6374

Brother in law and sister dancing.
Appears there was a lot of dancing that day :)

IMG_6429 IMG_6430

Silly faces :)

IMG_6381 IMG_6383

Deep conversations

IMG_6384

Love my niece and nephew!

IMG_6388 IMG_6392

IMG_6395

Stuffing my pie-hole with French fries

IMG_6405 IMG_6403

IMG_6415

LOVE my sisters! ♥

IMG_6412 IMG_6410

IMG_6417

Love of my life.

IMG_6421 IMG_6423

IMG_6439 IMG_6434

The thing is that any joy I feel during this time is because of my mom as she is responsible for creating my incredible family. I will forever be grateful to her for them. I love and miss you so much mom and wish every single day that you were still with us.

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to spend time with family and be around each other. That bowling alley looks like a great place. I'm sorry the pain is still so real for you and wish I could do something to take it all away. Your mom has left a beautiful legacy behind and may you cherish those times you create together <3 Sierra Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really was! I think this will be our new bowling spot as a family :)

      Thank you so much, truly appreciate that.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these photographs Faith. That's probably prettiest bowling ally I've ever seen. I loved the purple lipstick and GOOD JOB on kicking everyones butt at bowling.

    I don't know if it gets easier :( I think in someways it'll always break your heart. But she was loved dearly and she loved you all fiercely. <3 That is a blessing in itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you. The light in the bowling alley was pretty fun. Haha, I agree. When I walked in, I was like this is a stylish bowling alley, lol.

      Yeah, I don't think it does either but she was loved and loved hard too. That is a blessing, thank you :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!