Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Family time is my favorite time

IMG_1921

Earlier this summer, my sisters and I planned a family day to fall a few days before my mom's birthday. It is getting harder to get everyone together at the same time but we give it our best shot. The thing is if we waited for all of us to be available at the same time, family days will never happen. And well, we can’t let that happen ... well, maybe I can’t make that happen because we all know that family time is my favorite time.

We planned a beach day for June and crossed our fingers that the weather would cooperate when the day rolled around. Not only did the weather cooperate, it turned out to be the most gorgeous day. Not too hot with a breeze.

We all brought food and drinks to share and just enjoyed a beautiful day of collecting rocks and sea shells, digging in the sand, swinging on the swings in the playground on the beach, running in and out of the water and just having an overall wonderful day. We went to Penfield Beach in Fairfield CT and we all absolutely loved it.

IMG_1919

IMG_1917 IMG_1920

IMG_1932

IMG_1950

IMG_1926

IMG_1935 IMG_1942

IMG_1945 IMG_1946

IMG_1955

IMG_1951

IMG_1953

IMG_1967

IMG_1954

IMG_1956 IMG_1959

IMG_1981 IMG_1985 IMG_1988

IMG_1993

IMG_1997 IMG_2005

IMG_2003

IMG_2010

IMG_2092

IMG_2094

It’s days like these that I thank God that I hit the jackpot in the family category. Life can sometimes be hard but having people that love and support you unconditionally ... well it makes a world of difference. It makes that smile genuinely reach your eyes. It makes that laughter contagious and the joy, well the joy becomes a part of your existence. Nothing like a good family day to take away all your worries, even if just for a day.

5 comments:

  1. These photos are GORGEOUS! I bet your sister LOVES getting these little candid shots of her munchkins.

    Family time is USUALLY my favorite time too. It's funny how when you're younger, you don't really want to deal with it that much, and the older you get it's all you want to hang out with (for the most part).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! She sure does. I love that I've been able to capture all my niece and nephews over the years! It's incredible to see how quickly they grow and change.

      Yup, it really does change when you get older. I think it's realizing that at the end of the day they really just want the absolute best for you.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can there be a more beautiful FAMILY?! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!