Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2018

My dad's 70th birthday party at Lake Welch ♥

IMG_5379

Last Saturday, my sisters and I threw an intimate birthday party for my dad’s 70th. My dad had only two requests; that his party be small and that it take place at Lake Welch. He told me that we could go all out for him when he turns 100. That’s a deal, pop.

Leading up to my dad's birthday party, my sisters and I exchanged way too many emails ensuring that every single aspect of the party was covered. In doing so, we ended up with way too much food; which to be honest isn’t a terrible thing since we all had tons to bring home with us. I, of course, had my friend Margaret make my dad’s birthday cake and once again she did an incredible job. Not just with the design but also with how delicious her cakes always are!

Growing up my dad was a speed machine so the cake was perfect for him. But the best part of the cake was definitely the ticket which made him laugh out loud. I'm a little disappointed that I did not take a full length picture of the cake table because it was done simply but completely represented my dad. I'm not sure how I missed taking a picture of the cake table to be honest.

It was an incredibly beautiful day albeit a bit too sunny as you’ll be able to see in the pictures to follow. I did one thing that I think was a pretty good idea. I put my camera down on the picnic table whenever I wasn’t using it that way if anyone wanted to pick up the camera and capture a moment, they could. I saw my nephew using it quite a bit and I know for sure the ones he took, haha.

The birthday dad is here! ♥

IMG_5354 IMG_5358

IMG_5314

IMG_5308 IMG_5298 IMG_5293

I just love that these three will grow up together ♥

IMG_5326 IMG_5330

IMG_5344 IMG_5317 IMG_5347

My sister's (Priscilla) homemade chocolate chip cookies are the absolute best!

IMG_5373

IMG_5336 IMG_5368

IMG_5400 IMG_5370 IMG_5399

IMG_5410 IMG_5443 IMG_5435

IMG_5429 IMG_5433

We definitely played a lot of catch.

IMG_5398

My niece with my aunt ♥

IMG_5402

All the heart eyes for his gorgeous curls

IMG_5412

The designated griller.

IMG_5382 IMG_5384

IMG_5453

My awesome brother in law!

IMG_5473

My brother in law showing Sean his new niece.
My nephew took these & the one above ♥

IMG_5474 IMG_5479

IMG_5454

My nephew absolutely loves the water.
It's very rare that you'll see him cry but when it was time to get out of the water he cried his eyes out.

IMG_5379

IMG_5483 IMG_5484 IMG_5485

IMG_5491

It was time to get out of the water as it was time to sing happy birthday to granddad!

IMG_5497 IMG_5509

Soooo good!

IMG_5513

My dad travels the world preaching the gospel so we had a globe and a bible on his cake table.
He loved it!

IMG_5531 IMG_5529

IMG_5542

IMG_5579

IMG_5569

And then the four of us tried getting a picture together ... let's just say it was a lot of fun & we didn't quite get the shot.

IMG_5603

My dad had the happiest expression on his face the entire party and in turn we could not help but to be incredibly happy too. I'll take this moment to be a little vain, but I hope that I look as good as my dad when I’m 70. I also pray that my dad has many more healthy and happy years because I’m looking forward to throwing him the biggest birthday party in thirty years, God's Willing! ♥

8 comments:

  1. Daddy looks so happy, he has such a big smile on every picture you've shared. May God continue to bless his days with joy, peace and contentment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really was and it is so good to see :) Amen and thank you!

      Delete
  2. This looks like such a fun time!! You all have the best smiles. That cake is so amazing and I bet it tasted great too! I LOVE the idea of leaving the camera for others to snap a few pics too. My son has been wanting to use our camera more and more but I'm worried about him dropping it, so we've been letting him use our GoPro and he's been having so much fun with it. What a great celebration for your Dad!! Sierra Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a good time! Aww, thank you! We all seem to have the same smiles, lol.

      It was incredible. My friend does an incredible job every time.

      It was my first time doing it ... usually I keep it on me (safety reasons) or in my purse but since there was a lot of us, I felt a little more comfortable leaving the camera on the table for others to take a few shots.

      I love that he is interested in taking pictures, start them young ;) He'll be a pro in no time!

      Delete
  3. What an awesome celebration. Happy Birthday to your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post made my heart so happy. Your dad has such a light spirit and glow about him. His cake was adorable and clever. I enjoyed all the photos and I can't believe you let your nephew hold your camera! I'm insane about who I let touch mines. Dominic even looks at it a little too interested I panic (and he loves taking photos too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I'm glad to read that :) He really does! Everyone who meets him says that. Hahaha, well my nephew knows that my camera is my "baby" and he can't use it unless the strap is around his neck. But yeah, I've gotten a little lax about it, compared to how I was when I first got it, lol.

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!