Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Happy Birthday Mom ♥

20636_560941127769_4630355_n20636_560940234559_7340208_n

This is your third birthday that I’ve had to go without you. Today, I feel a multiple of emotions. I’m still at the stage where the main emotion is sadness. I’m sad that I don’t get to celebrate this day with you. I’m sad that I can’t tell you how happy I am that you got another year added to your life. I’m just so sad that today is now just another reminder that you are no longer here. But mom, I hope that somehow you can see how we’re doing. I hope that you can see that on the days that your absence is the hardest that we have each other, a family that you created to keep our hearts together on the hardest days. How grateful I am to you that you chose dad and that you brought my sisters into the world that way when the days are too hard to manage on my own, I have them to lean on for support. I hope that you can see that our relationships are stronger, that our love for one another is stronger. I hope that you can see your grandkids that have the same big smile as you do. Telling you that I miss you is an understatement. It is more than that. I feel it in every fiber of my being. Moments when tears fall down my face when I could have sworn that I wasn’t even sad. My being misses you; craves your hug, your voice and your love. Mom, you were loved. You are loved. And today, I wish you a happy birthday and get comfort thinking that you’re blowing out candles on your favorite cake flavor up in heaven.

10 comments:

  1. This is so special, Faith. Your mother looks and sounds like she was an amazing woman. I know you miss her so much. Sending you all the hugs I can today <3 Sierra Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  2. {{HUG}} So glad you have your Sisters and Dad to lean on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you. & I'd give you all the hugs if I physically could.
    Happy birthday to your mother Faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you right back. And here's a virtual hug! Thank you.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to her! And sending you virtual hugs.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!