Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Our time

thumbnail_DA84C721-9CCF-4CB5-8AD1-F257D1CCD1DE

If you know me, even just a tiny bit, you know that I absolutely love spending time with friends and family. But there’s something about me and Sean doing something, just the two of us. We really treasure our time together which is why we’ve tried to incorporate simple things throughout the week to ensure that we stay in tact.

Whether it’s the good morning text, the evening text, the lunch break phone call or the driving home from work phone call … we are consistently checking in with each other. It is something that we’ve done since the beginning stages of our relationship and something that we continue to do. When something works I believe it is best to continue with it. It is also why our Sunday dinners were incorporated because we realized how important it is for our marriage to set time aside to talk before Sean is gone for four days due to work.

We've set aside at least one Saturday each month to have no plans with others to ensure that it is just the two of us. We enjoy getting up on a Saturday and making breakfast at home and afterwards taking the dogs out for a long walk to the river. We enjoy going to the gym together or if Sean is feeling dangerous going grocery shopping and getting a manicure and pedicure together. Yup, Sean enjoys those too ... just don’t tell him I told you ;). We realize how important it is to keep our focus on each other and to keep our time together uninterrupted as often as we can. Although, I'll admit that our phones can sometimes be a pesky thing; we're working on that too.

Of course, we still have our own interests. We still have our own friends. We still enjoy our me time.

But at the end of the day ... if you ask me, who is your most favorite
person to hang out with, the answer will always be Sean.

I'm simply the happiest with him ♥

IMG_0975 IMG_0981

Oh and here's some outfit pictures thrown in here for good measure ;)

Dress and shoes are old from Free People.
Bag is from Marshalls but you can literally find them everywhere right now.
Earrings are old from Shopbop.

IMG_0978

I hope you're all having a wonderful week. Happy Thursday!

8 comments:

  1. I really hope to have that kind of relationship/marriage some day. <3 You two are wonderful examples of a happy couple- i know you have your moments too, but there's so much love and respect there.

    I love these photos of you <3 and your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you will! Don't give up hope.

      And thank you :)

      Delete
  2. I feel the same way but I have children. I will confess that our time took a backseat, but now that its reverting back to how it was BC we're trying to reestablish our time. Love the dress and shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine that with children it is much harder to make the time. Love that you're reverting back to how it was before children, that's a beautiful thing!

      Thank you! :) I'm looking forward to wearing it with a jean jacket come fall!

      Delete
  3. I love that you do this and take time to focus on each other. It's so important to have special time together and build lasting memories. Your dress is so pretty! I have a bag like that, too. It's hard for me to wear with the kids because I carry a lot, but it's perfect for a date night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! The time spent together is so important to me!

      Thank you! Oh yes, it def. doesn't hold much but it's perfect for a date night or when you don't need to carry the world ;)

      Delete
  4. Okay first of all you look gorgeous in your red!! I love spending one on one time with my husband too. Just yesterday we were reminiscing about how we met!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Brandi! I love reminiscing about how we met as well! It always makes me laugh hard.

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!