Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Nadiyah goes to college

IMG_2903

I’ve been writing about our niece Nadiyah since I started this blog in 2010. She was actually my first niece experience and I absolutely loved being an aunt for the first time. It’s funny that there was actually a time when it was OK to tell her that she was my favorite niece but I digress.

It is times like these that I'm glad that I’ve always been a bit picture crazy because it is incredible for me to see just how much she has grown. Just look at how small she was here and even smaller here!

Since she was born I’ve loved building a relationship with her. I’m always making sure to let her know that if she ever needs me I will be there, no matter what. And now this amazing girl is 12 years old. I don’t know how it happened as I still picture her as our 2 year old flower girl.

22636_559358683999_4271044_n 22636_559942863299_6005220_n

But she isn't two anymore and she is growing up to be such a wonderful young lady!

She stayed with us over Labor Day weekend and we had such a great time. I'll break down her visit in several posts because (you guessed it!) I took way too many pictures.

For her first day with us we decided to take her to the colleges in our area. She is only 12 years old but I don't think it is ever too early to get a young person to start thinking about their future. Sean gave her some "homework" to do regarding the colleges we were visiting and she did so well! It was awesome to see how much she enjoyed touring the colleges and seeing all the students going to their classes. She is convinced that she is going to college where we live and I would love that but I also know that right now she thinks we're pretty cool, haha.

We got lucky on our last college stop because we just happened to be on the campus when a tour would be starting in five minutes. We signed up and before we knew it we were having a personal tour of the campus. It was really neat and I hope that Nadiyah enjoyed it as much as she said she did.

At the end of the day, we all had our favorite campus. Sean and I loved Lehigh University but Nadiyah loved Moravian College. Either way, they were all really great campuses and I hope this is something we can do with Nadiyah every year until she actually does go to college. OK, enough of all my talking, here's some pictures!

First campus, Lehigh University.

IMG_2899

IMG_2898 IMG_2900

IMG_2911

IMG_2906 IMG_2907

IMG_2909

IMG_2912

IMG_2913

IMG_2916 IMG_2945

IMG_2917

IMG_2921 IMG_2924

Nadiyah loved seeing this and said it made her think she was in a romantic movie.

IMG_2935

We took a short break and went downtown for lunch at Tapas.

IMG_2952 IMG_2951

This was Nadiyah's first tapas experience and she loved it :)

IMG_2953 IMG_2954

IMG_2956

The next college we were visiting was Moravian College so it made sense to stop at their bookstore downtown. Nadiyah picked up a sweatshirt and she wore it for the rest of the time she was with us. I mean it. The temperature was burning hot and she would not take it off. It puzzled me and Sean, lol.

IMG_2962 IMG_2964

IMG_2960

Second stop, Moravian College.

IMG_2971

Oh the places you'll go.

IMG_2965 IMG_2967

IMG_2975

IMG_2973

IMG_2979

And our last stop was Lafayette College where we got lucky and arrived just in time for a personal tour.

IMG_2995 IMG_2994

Look at her go!

IMG_2996

IMG_2997

IMG_2998 IMG_3002

Our tour guide is a geologist major and she was so excited to take us to her building and show us around.

IMG_3004

IMG_3000

It was such a great learning experience but we had something in mind for Nadiyah that would probably be a little more fun for her. An evening at the fair! To be continued ...

4 comments:

  1. That is so nice that you guys are getting her College minded/ready! Super cool to take her on a tour to feel and see for herself. In the beginning I though she was going to College at 12!! I thought waaaw, you got us :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really awesome and I loved how much she loved it and took it all in. Hahaha, now that I look at the title of the post I see how misleading it is!

      Delete
  2. My first thought was "No way! where does the time go." Then I started reading and saw that she was 12 and I thought "she's a little genius, starting college early!" Finally I realized it was college tours. It's never too early to start these since children pick colleges for the weirdest reasons (you know the colors, the way the buildings looked...etc) I know this from experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're not the only one! I had no idea that the title would be so misleading, oops! Yesssss, I picked my college because I wanted one the farthest away from the Bronx while still being in NY, LOL.

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!