Pages

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Currently.

IMG_3560

feeling accomplished. We closed on our rental property a few weeks ago and have started fixing up the bottom apartment for our future tenants. The floors have been refinished; we’re painting the living space and updating the bathroom a bit with a new vanity/sink, toilet and floor. We’ll be refinishing the tub which we found out through YouTube is not a difficult task. We might change the countertops in the kitchen but for sure will be replacing the fridge. The upstairs is already occupied so that makes things a lot easier. I never thought that this type of thing would excite me but it’s amazing what aging does, ha.

loving that New Orleans is less than two weeks away! This has been on Sean’s top places to visit for a while but he kept losing to me, haha. We do this randomizer that eventually picks out the places we visit based on our top choices and well, let’s just say that I finally let him win this time by not doing a randomizer. He married a good one ;).

craving Rita's. I am obsessed with their coconut cream Italian ice but everytime I’ve visited this summer they’ve not had it. It is one of the things that I look forward to every summer since Rita's is seasonal and they had none in NY. Just a little bummed that I might not have it at all this summer.

needing to go through my sister’s reception pics already. I’ve been slacking but I’m giving myself no more than two weeks to be done shifting through them all. You would think this would stop me from taking so many pictures, but no. This girl never learns.

thankful that I have such amazing sisters who keep me grounded and keep me laughing. I don’t know what I would do without them.

excited that tomorrow is Friday and that this weekend is Musikfest which means that I get to have my most favorite corn in the entire world. Everyone goes for the music and I just go for the corn.

wanting Summer to last just a little longer. It has rained so much this summer so I just want a few more weeks back. Is that too much to ask for?

missing my mom. Next week is the two year mark and I finally realized what the tightness in my chest was. Anytime we get around this time of year, I get the same feeling. It happened last year too so I’m figuring it out that my feelings is directing how my body is reacting. It feels like she just passed away and then sometimes like it has been so long since I’ve locked eyes with her or had a conversation. What I would do for one last hug or conversation to let her know just how much I love her and how much she means to me. I’m trying to keep my spirits up because I really don’t want the sadness to control my behavior but I do know that there will be hyperventilating tears that day. My mom was so special so I think it is only fair that I properly feel how much her absence hurts everyday, but I will also make sure to reflect on all the joy she brought to my life. She did not know how funny she was, but man, she was hilarious and I miss her unintentional humor every single day.

hoping that you all are having great weeks and have amazing weekends! ♥

5 comments:

  1. That coconut cream from Rita's sounds delicious! Have fun at Musikfest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you on that difficult day. It's crazy how our subconscious can just sense and know these things. I was feeling really sad the past few days myself and I guess it's just b/c I miss my parents.

    We love going to NOLA! Where are you staying?

    We thought about getting into real estate investing, particularly because where we live generates great rent (military town) but I would probably be stuck doing most of the landlordy (made that word up!) stuff and I'm not sure I'm up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on another rental property! I'm getting the itch for another one. We finished our last project in March. I can't wait to see more about your NOLA trip!
    Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  4. After seeing your rental property on Instagram Stories (or was it Snapchat?) whatever... I decided Dominic and I are going to move in, and be your future tenants ;).

    You will have a BLAST in New Orleans.

    It's officially Saturday... 2am... how was the corn at Musikfest?

    I believe your mother KNOWS how much she meant to you, your sisters, and your father. While I know your sad and pained, I'm glad you're able to reflect on the good as well. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new rental property. I totally get how you feel about fixing up the place. I feel really accomplished when my vision comes to life.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!