Pages

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Short Trip to Jim Thorpe PA

IMG_6650

Last month, Sean and I made our way to Leaser Lake but we soon found that although it was beautiful, very peaceful and a great place to grab a seat and read for hours, we wanted more of a lay on the sand and dip our toes in water if we felt the need.

So we drove about another twenty minutes to Maunch Chunk Lake in Jim Thorpe, PA. It was such a beautiful day so it was no surprise that many others had the same plans as well. I brought “I’m Judging You” ... yup, I read it again. I just find it so hilarious and on point. I'm also finding myself thinking that hmmm, I must do better. But yes, I agree, I think it’s time for a new book!

We spent several hours in and out of the water and really enjoyed ourselves. I was so impressed with this lake that I can see Sean and myself making this a yearly thing and making the short drive to come here every summer.

When we got hungry we decided to check out the small town of Jim Thorpe, PA and were pleasantly surprised. What a quaint little town! I loved the architecture, the little mom and pop shops all throughout, restaurants and pubs. We soon found out (whilst eating) that people from all over actually come here for the summer to enjoy the outdoor activities that Jim Thorpe offers. We stopped into the neatest antique shop and picked up two items. I told myself that I had no plans to go shopping so I restrained myself.

I was not prepared and did not jot down the restaurant(s) we ate or grabbed a drink at and I can't remember the name of the antique shop either. I'll do better next time. In the meantime, here are a ton of pictures!

Leaser Lake

IMG_6649

IMG_6654 IMG_6652

IMG_6648

Maunch Chunk Lake

IMG_6657

IMG_6656 IMG_6658

IMG_6660
IMG_6661

Small town of Jim Thorpe PA

IMG_6662 IMG_6663

IMG_6667

IMG_6665 IMG_6669

IMG_6672

IMG_6671 IMG_6674

IMG_6677 IMG_6675

IMG_6678

IMG_6679 IMG_6680

IMG_6681 IMG_6683

IMG_6685

IMG_6686 IMG_6684

IMG_6687 IMG_6688

IMG_6691

We’ve decided that we’ll definitely go back and make a real day/weekend out of it because the only reason we did not go home right after the lake was because we got hungry. We had no idea what the town offered until that day and I'm glad we now do.

I hope you all had wonderful weekends and have a great week ahead! ♥

8 comments:

  1. Jim Thorpe is such a fun place to visit! They have an amazing fall festival in October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks beautiful. I've never heard of the area but I'm from the opppsite side of PA 😜

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a fun little place to visit. I've heard of it before and it's not that far from us, so I might need to put it on my list. I love spending time at lakes and find them so peaceful. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm I need you to go there in the fall and take photos at the festival that Laura mentioned ! This looks like the most adorable little town ever! The lake looks beautiful (and clean!) too. I enjoyed all of the photos. What did you buy at the antique shops?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow...you sure got some pretty nice pictures. I love that you and Sean love to explore your surroundings. I look forward to being able to do that again.

    I don't have any recommendations for books. I mostly listen to audiobooks. If it is something you are interested in, you can use Overdrive through your library. They give you THOUSANDS of audiobook options at no cost. The newer ones might require a waiting list but I always have something to listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!